Wednesday 23 October 2013

BEAUTY || The benefits of using Benefit ||


I'd always heard Benefit cosmetics were out of this world but was always put off by the price as I was unsure as to how worth it they really were. I'd always concentrated on my foundation routine predominantly rather than the definition of my eye makeup; and never fully appreciated what a dramatic difference high quality eye tools/makeup can bring to your look. One day when browsing around Boots on day (picking up the usual everyday necessities of beauty life) I was drawn in to the dream like Benefit stand. It was bright, vibrant and very very pink. I was persuaded to having a makeup tutorial by the Benefit rep and was shown a product that would later change my makeup routine for the better:

BrowmaZING!

As I am sure many of us girls with thick, dark hair would agree eyebrows can be an absolute nightmare to control! I myself have quite big, thick, natural eyebrows that require a lot of TLC. Prior to being exposed to  the wonderful world of Benefit, I used 'Browow' By DuWop and admittedly was impressed as the pigmentation. But nothing has been quite as beneficial to my makeup bag as the Benefit 'Brow Zing'. This product is PERFECT for those of us who need assistance with controlling our natural, wild brows! 

The set comes with three tools: a hard angle brush to set the brow and shape it with the wax, a blending brush to apply the powder and add define the brow and a handy pair of mini tweezers that are perfect for if you're out and about and spot a a stray hair. I have noticed how this product lasts all day at work and doesn't shift, the wax ensures that all nuisance hairs are kept in their place; and the powder is also a none mover.

This product to me is more for a natural, everyday look. It does certainly fill in the gaps and give the brow an overall higher definition; but for those with lighter hair, perhaps a pencil eyebrow applicator would be slightly more suitable for defined eyebrows as it is easier to create a brow with a pencil than it is with this product. I know from having friends with very light, blonde hair that powder is not always the best route to having the dream eyebrows; and I would say this product is more for those of us who have eyebrows already there and just need the finishing touches. For me this product has been a complete life saver!

There are three different shades to choose from: light, medium and dark. Due to my natural dark hair I was advised by the Benefit consultant to go with their darkest shade. From my own experience of using the product I am 100% satisfied and would recommend it to a friend. I use it as part of my everyday makeup routine and it is constantly in my handbag in case of any makeup refreshments during the day. It's easy to apply due to the tools and doesn't require a lot of room in your makeup bag; it is retailed in Boots at £23.50 but in my honest opinion is worth every single penny! 

For this product I give it a beauty rating of 4 out of 5 stars


Emily  

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I think Benefit Cosmetics are really for the money and you don't need to put a lot on as it is highly pigmented and it lasts all day so you shouldn't really need to apply anymore while you are out and about. Because of how high the pigmentation is and because you don't need much, the product will last you for quite a long time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Your writing flow is so good. I’ve follow you by the way on Google+ which I think is the same as GFC - i’m not sure? Haha, but yeah good work. keep at it!

    vanessajohnbaptiste.blogspot.co.uk
    www.vanessajohnbaptiste.com

    ReplyDelete