Wednesday 30 October 2013

BEAUTY || Dream advent calendars ||

When October is coming to an end I officially think it is time to begin talking about Christmas. I have never understood why some people don't like Christmas but for me I am a total festive fanatic. 

I came across some really exquisite looking advent calendars to help everyone get into the Christmas spirit. Looking at them made me really really excited for all the festivities to begin - but only in my dreams would I ever be able to afford these pricey advent calendars!






BENEFIT COUNTDOWN TO LOVE | £50 |

"Our one-of-a-kind advent calendar comes in a show-stopping Pop Art box and is filled with 24 fun and flattering beauty treasures! It contains a bevy of Benefit bestsellers and three glitzy little look goods…a charm necklace & bracelet and an adorable barrette. It’s the gift that gets more gorgeous every day!"


Only in my dreams would I have this advent calendar and if anyone does get it then I am extremely jealous as from what I've read on the internet it comes with some really lovely travel size items. It's Benefits first advent calendar and I can imagine it will be massively popular as the items included such as BADgal lash mascara and the High Beam highlighter are a couple of their ultimate best sellers. Amongst the beauty products the calendar also includes a horseshoe charm bracelet, a start charm necklace and a ribbon bow barrette.






BOOTS BEAUTY ADVENT CALENDAR | £30 |

"Wake up every morning to a new beauty treat and fill the month of december with gorgeous gifts to pamper yourself from head to toe.
Featuring brands such as;
Soap & Glory, Nails Inc, Paco Rabanne, Juicy Couture, Rimmel, Mavala, Umberto Giannini and Many More...."


Anything that promises Soap & Glory products is bound to be winner. I think this would be a really lovely replacement to the generic advent calendar. It promises to include products from some pretty well known brands in the beauty industry. Travel size perfumes are also included from Ghost, Juicy Couture and Paco Robanne (the Black XS Fragrance).

The only concern about this advent calendar is the Rimmel foundation thats included; as it comes in shade ivory. It seems a little daft to include a foundation when you are trying to hit a large target audience? - But apart from that I can't see how many people can complain about the goodies included. 






"Selfridges' exclusive bijoux Christmas advent calendar brings you the best in beauty. From Viktor & Rolf, Yves Saint Laurent, Kiehl's and Giorgio Armani to Lancôme and Maison Martin Margiela, you can discover a precious treat behind every door to make you dazzle, sparkle and shine this festive season."

I don't know who these people are who can afford these kind of luxuries in life but they are obviously in a completely different world. I don't shop at Selfridges but if I did I would be really tempted to purchase this. From what I can see the products are extravagant and a real treat. 







"Every girl's diary can now be filled with a daily dose of delectable mini nail treats, as behind each door lies a very colourful surprise. Gorgeously packaged with seventeen of Ciaté's bestselling miniPaint Pots, four mini Caviar blends, and three extremely special exclusive Paint Pot glitter shades you'll not find anywhere else, ever."

I love the idea of a nail varnish behind every door on the countdown to Christmas. There also looks like there will be mixture of different colours and nail effects included. Glitzy glittery nail varnishes always look nice around Christmas time!






You can't really go wrong with a Cadbury advent calendar in my opinion - no matter how old you are! If you're like me and can't afford to part with your pennies for one of the beauty advents then don't worry; as there is still hope to enjoy the countdown to Christmas and not be out of pocket!

A true dream come true would be if Soap & Glory brought out their own advent calendar or even Yankee candles...christmassy scents behind each door! Now then I would be tempted.
Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment