Tuesday 5 November 2013

BEAUTY || Soap & Glory monthly favourites ||



Is it just me or is the '3 for 2' offer that inevitably comes out around Christmas time at Boots, seriously fatal to bank accounts? Honestly, I can never just simply acknowledge the deal and walk away - sometimes it's just to good to miss out on. 

I'd only gone into Boots for a new lip balm the other day and instead walked out with all of this...




And when the devilish '3 for 2' deal was advertised on all Soap & Glory skincare products, I could not resist. I still strongly believe I was hypnotised into spending the ridiculous amount I did in Boots the other day.

I have always been a massive Soap & Glory fan as I think their products are always spot on from their vintage/retro packaging, humorous play on words, luscious, indulgent smells and of course the results!


"Squeeze a pea-sized measure of GLOW JOB onto your fingertips, then rub together to release the bronze from inside the beads and blend. Apply to your face in upward circular motions then just GET UP AND GLOW!"

I do not and will not fake tan - I wish I did and could as I am naturally quite pasty, but whenever I have tried it in the past I have always ended up with streaks and HUGE patches missing. So as a rule I just don't bother. 'Glow Job' however is loaded with bronze bursting beads that when rubbed into your skin release a natural, glowing, temporary tan (that can be easily washed off after use), meaning I can add a slight hint of colour to my ghost like face! I use it as more of a tinted moisturiser if I can't be bothered applying layers of foundation as it adds both colour and radiance to your face. 

For this product I give it a beauty rating of 3 out of 5 stars






"A must-have in the medicine chest. Packed full of actives to regenerate your complexion. Intensive. Exhilarating. With results that are consistently ‘amazing’. A potent anti-aging mix of tetrapeptides, essential fatty acids, antioxidants and oxygen boosters… it brightens, lifts, smoothes away wrinkles, and leaves your face looking radiant. Go ahead, take a wish..."

Okay - so technically this says it's an 'anti-aging night cream' and whilst I know I am only eighteen and perhaps do not need this, it is still one of the best moisturisers I have bought in ages. I have always wanted to use a night cream but whenever I bought one it used to make my face feel sticky and greasy in the morning. I have ALOT of faith in this night cream as my skin has never felt so soft and I am finding that in the morning my makeup is easier to apply to a smoother base. The product promises to lift and smoothen out 'wrinkles', but I have found it has actually done this to my acne scars and marks.

Oh - and the best thing about this product is that it smells like Terry's chocolate oranges!

For this product I give it a beauty rating of 4 out of 5 stars




"Massage a grape-sized dab of NO CLOGS ALLOWED onto your face, then wet your hands and scrub until it turns blue and you feel heating. After 5 minutes rub it all off with a warm, wet washcloth"

I am a big lover of face masks and when I suffered with acne I found it really difficult to find one that wouldn't react negatively with my skin - i.e. making it sore or just a hundred times worse. 

I had never previously heard of No Clogs Allowed and discovered it by accident the other day when I was originally trying to find a Palmers mud face mask and couldn't. So, I thought I would give my trusted friend Soap & Glory a go and I wasn't disappointed. 

You are meant to use this once a week (sundays nights for me) and massage a grape-sized amount onto your face, as you would with any other facial mask treatment. For me it was the heating of the mask that really stood out, as I could physically feel the difference the mask was making to my skin! After my five minutes were up I washed the contents off with a warm, wet washcloth and my skin felt fresh, cleansed and brand spanking new! And the best bit it hasn't caused any redness or defects to my skin which is an absolute miracle for me considering the state my skin used to be in.

For this product I give it a beauty rating of 5 out of 5 stars★ (if I could give it more I would)

Once again Soap & Glory has not let me down and I know I will be purchasing these items for sure again in the future!


EMILY 



4 comments:

  1. Great post ! I love No Clogs Allowed too, my skin feels so, so soft after using it!!

    http://meltedglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soap & Glory is such a wonderful brand and they always manage to get their products to smell irresistible :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lovely, I have nominated you for a Liebster award on my blog. Just nip over and take a look at my blogpost to answer the questions!
    xx

    www.northernlightsandlipsticks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Soap and Glory! http://www.leviniasbeautyblog.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete