Sunday 15 December 2013

BEAUTY || Mimi & Me Review ||











Due to having sensitive skin I see pure organic and all natural products as a life saviour; and essential in maintaining healthy, hydrated skin. I can always feel and see the benefits of organic products straight away after first use, compared to using some beauty products that are packed with fake and unfriendly chemicals. 

Mimi & Me are an organic skin care company in Shropshire and produce Artisan products that they promise you won't be able to find in the shops! These handmade products have NOT been tested on animals (bonus) and are free from any corrupt chemicals that will damage your skin. Mimi & Me were kind enough to send me some of their products to try with my everyday skincare routine (as well as a very much appreciated candle)



Signature Bath Oil


Being a lover of evening baths at the end of a very very long and tiring day - the Signature Bath Oil was the perfect addition to my evening bath routine. I found it also had many multiple uses; to be poured into the bath whilst it was running, onto my skin whilst in the bath and as a moisturiser for afterwards. It left my skin feeling silky soft straight away... after the first use! Which I think is rare to find in beauty products, as they seem to take a few desperate attempts before you start to see the physical results. 



The scent is really intense and despite it being a natural product you do get the benefits of having a strong and admirable smell left after you have used it. 



Signature Scented Candle

Candles are most certainly my thing - so I was pleased when I was sent the Signature candle to test out. Again I used it predominantly in the evenings and found it was perfect for winter weather; as the scent made me feel relaxed and calm, after being at work all day.



The candle is made with Eco-friendly soy wax and essential oils and also have a natural cotton wick. Knowing that the products you are using are kind to your skin as well as the environment really does make a difference. To me the scent the candle produces does make me feel as though I am in a spar having a luxury treatment. There is a fresh fruity and slightly spicy citrus scent, which I believe really helps you to relax and calm the nervous system. The addition of the ginger and cinnamon really do add the 'spicy edge' IDEAL for the festive season; there is also the use of Ylang Ylang, Coriander and Frankincense which help uplift the mood and boost concentration. 

It was also IDEAL to have on the side whilst in the bath - especially with the bath oil as the atmosphere felt calm and soothing!



Signature Solid Perfume



"A magical orange blossom balm with a hint of spice to soothe the senses and bring pleasure to your day. This little pot of truely potent ingredients has the power to help calm the nervous system & help with concentration, as well as smelling devine." 

I had never ever heard of a solid perfume before, and wasn't sure what I would make of it. It's a really nice alternative to the typical, liquid application and find it useful to have in my handbag to use on my wrists or neck during the day. The scent is really strong - so this means you don't have to use much to get the full effect. 

Within the satin packaging that  the perfume comes there is an applicator to assist you in applying the perfume to your neck and wrists; although I have used my fingers and gotten better results.



I was really pleased with my products from Mimi & Me - the packaging was also really pretty which makes any of their products ideal to give as Christmas presents this year. The other highlight to giving one of these products as a present is that they can be given to anyone from your mum, sister to nan! I know I will certainly be buying some more products in the New Year!



OR... follow them on Twitter: @NicSaccoOrganic 



No comments:

Post a Comment