Friday 20 December 2013

LIFESTYLE || Heartwood Candle Review ||



"Cedarwood soothes the mind and body you'll see, along with May Chang known as the Oil of Tranquility. Add restorative Katafray into the pot, and a dose of relaxation is what you've got!"

I'm obsessed with keeping a nice, pleasant scent in my room and bathroom. I think it's an essential when maintaining a happy home. My obsession with candles has been inherited by my mum - who has an array of candles scattered around the house. I have never really steered away from the much adored Yankee candle collection until I came across the pleasingly different Heartwood candle company. Laura from the company kindly sent me a much appreciated Cedarwood, May Chang and Katafray candle to test out.

Heartwood candles are handmade with love and care, using 100% natural soy and a clean burning wax that contains no unfriendly toxins, carcinogens or other pollutants. It is clear that the founders Dominique and Laura really take pride and care in formulating aromatic blends - and their passion shines through the wonderful, delightful scent that the candle releases.

This candle has taken pride of place in my bathroom as I think it is perfect to be used whilst in the bath as its main function is to calm and relax (which is certainly does!) The packaging of the candle was charming - the candle came neatly wrapped in brown paper with a handwritten label. To me this makes the candle stand out from any other candle product as it feels more personal due to the handwritten label. Because of this I think that a Heartwood candle would make a perfect present for an candle/aromatherapy lover this year.

I have been burning this candle religiously since receiving it a couple of weeks ago and can honestly say that unlike many other candles the scent is still going strong, making its away around my house.


You can purchase a wide range of Heartwood candles from their online store by clicking here, also keep up to date with all the latest updates via the Heartwood Candle Twitter Page


No comments:

Post a Comment