Thursday 19 December 2013

BEAUTY || Give your face a spring clean! ||



Amie is a pure and natural beauty company who combines gentle and effective formulas that are your skins best friend.

I am always keen to try new beauty products, especially face masks and was lucky enough to be sent the 'Spring Clean Deep Cleansing Mask' to try.  The main objective of the mask is to purify pores, combat oiliness and blemishes for all round beautiful skin.

What stands out about this face mask is the scent! It's really fresh and literally does remind me of Spring with peppermint and lime extracts. If you like a strong scent with your skincare products then I would certainly say this is the product for you as even before application to the face, the smell quickly makes an appearance.

When applying to the face it became apparent immediately that you wouldn't have to use much to get full coverage. I made the big mistake of using to much on my first go and felt a slight burning sensation - I have really sensitive skin so when a formula is to powerful I am really prone to feeling it! However when I began to use a smaller, grape sized amount I felt no burning or discomfort. It goes without saying that with the mask you have to avoid sensitive areas such as your lips, eyes etc. When the mask is spread generously on your face and neck area, you are allowed for ten minutes to do as you please. I love putting face masks on in the bath as I like just relaxing and letting the mask work its magic!



After your ten minutes are up your face will feel VERY firm and stiff (like you've had some kind of plastic surgery and can no longer make any facial expressions). You then wash off the mask with warm water - either with a facial cloth or by just simply splashing your face with water.

Amie recommends to use the mask once or even twice a week - I have used it once a week on a Sunday night and found it really refreshing on my skin and although not an exfoliator, I found it got rid of dead skin and overall renewed my skin for the week. I wouldn't personally use it twice a week but I think this is more based on your skin preferences. Also, I think if you suffer from very dry skin this product wouldn't be that ideal as I feel it is more beneficial to those of us prone to spots and with oily skin.

I would recommend this product to those who want to try something a bit new and different to the usual high street products - and for those who suffer with acne, teenage spots and blemishes.

You can purchase Amie products from high street stores such as John Lewis, Waitrose and Boots (all of which can also be bought online!)



No comments:

Post a Comment